Sweet and sour dessert made of unripe mango. Goes as a great dessert after a Bengali meal. Great during summer times.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 30 min | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 2, cut into small pieces Green Mango
- 1, cup Sugar
- 2, Bay Leaf
- 1/2, tsp Panch Phoron
- 1/2, tsp, grated Ginger
- 1/2, tsp Salt
- 1/4, tsp Turmeric powder
- 4, cups Water
- 1, tbsp Mustard Oil
- Heat oil. Add the bay leaves and panch-phoron. Fry for a minute.
- Add grated ginger and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the mango pieces, salt, turmeric powder, water and bring it to boil.
- Add sugar and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve cold. Usually taken after a complete meal.