The most popular Chinese roll – Perfect starter for any chinese meal and a excellent snacks. It is just like the spring rolls available in Indian chinese restaurent. Check out the more pictures to see every details in each step of the preparation.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 45 Minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 1/2, lb, boiled and shredded Chicken
- 1/2, cup, finely chopped Bell Pepper
- 1/2, cup, finely chopped Carrot
- 10, finely chopped French Bean
- 4, finely chopped Green Chili
- 1/2, cup, finely chopped Bean Sprout
- 1/2, cup, finely chopped Onion
- 0.5, tsp Peppercorns
- 2, tsp Soya Sauce
- a pinch Ajinomoto
- 1/2, cup, Maida
- 4, tbsp, Corn Flour
- 1, Egg
- 1/2, cup, Water
- 1/4, tsp, Salt
- 2 tbsp, Cooking Oil
- 1/2 cup Oil
- Make the batter and the filling. Make the pancake, put the filling in it. Roll it up. Fry it. Then eat it!!
- Steps to make the Filling: Heat two tablespoon of cooking oil in a frying pan. Add chopped onions, green chilies and fry for 3 minutes. Add the rest of the vegetables and fry for 3 to 5 minutes in high heat.
- Add the shredded chicken, Soya sauce, pepper, salt, ajinomoto. Fry for another 3 minutes. Keep aside. Let it cool.
- Steps to make the Batter: Sift together maida, corn flour and salt properly. Add egg and mix well. Add water slowly and keep on stirring to make a thin consistency.
- Steps to make the pancake: Take one dessert spoon batter and spread it evenly on a non-stick frying pan. Spread the batter evenly by tilting the pan. Cook only one side. Make all the pancakes and pile on top of another.
- Put 2 tbsp of filling on the cooked side of a pancake. Spread the filling in one line evenly. Fold 1/2″ from the other 2 sides to seal the filling. Then roll it up.
- Deep fry over medium heat until golden brown and crisp. Drain excess oil in a blotting paper. Cut into 2 to 3 pieces. Garnish with finely sliced spring onions, and serve with soya sauce or chili sauce.
|1||Prepare the stuffing.|
|2||Prepare the batter.|
|3||Mix properly to make a thin consistency|
|4||Make the pancake|
|5||The cooked side|
|6||Line up the filling on one end. Fold 1/2 inch on one side|
|7||Fold 1/2 inch on the other side|
|8||Start rolling from the 3rd end|
|10||Spring roll, rolled up properly|
|11||Deep fry the spring rolls.|
shyam (2/12/2003)….i like chicken spring roll very much.