Red Lentil (Masur Dal) With Spinach and Green Peas. A tasty start to almost any meal.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 45 minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 1, cup Red Lentil
- 12, oz (chopped) Spinach
- 8, oz Green Peas
- 2, chopped Tomato
- 4, sliced Green Chili
- 0.5, tsp Turmeric powder
- 2, pods (finely chopped) Garlic
- 0.5, inch pc (chopped finely) Ginger
- 8, stalk (chopped) Cilantro
- 1, tsp Sugar
- to taste Salt
- 2, tbsp Cooking Oil
- 3, cups Water
- 2, for seasoning (phoron) Bay Leaf
- 1/2, tsp for seasoning (phoron) Cumin Seeds
- 1, cup, finely chopped Onion
- 1/2, tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Boil the lentil in a deep bottomed pan along with spinach, green peas, tomatoes, turmeric powder and green chilies. Cook on high heat till the lentil starts boiling, then cook on low heat till cooked.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the Bay leaf and cumin seeds. Fry for a minute.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic and fry till it turns light brown.
- Add the cooked dal and bring to boil. Add garam masala powder. Add salt and sugar. Cook in medium to slow heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve with rice or roti.
puuu (1/21/2004)….Excellent !!!!! Very tasty and nutritious.It’s really easy to make.
shilpakedar (1/15/2004)….Very tasty route to making sure you get your protiens and vitamins in one dish – very handy for busy people
roopamalik (9/21/2003)….Easy to cook and tasty to eat
nishad (3/31/2003)….i would never make it again.
sarcar (9/29/2002)….it was great!!!
we liked it very much
Note: these are the reviews posted by users on the old angithi.com website,
which has been now ported to this blog site.