Spicy chicken cooked with extra onions, adds a punch to almost any meal.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 45 minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 2, lbs Chicken
- 6, pods Garlic
- 1, inch piece Ginger
- 1, tbsp (grated) Coconut
- 5, Green Chili
- 2, Small Cardamom
- 1, in Cinnamon
- 4, Cloves
- a pinch Mace
- a pinch Nutmeg powder
- 2, tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2, cup Milk
- 1, tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1, tsp Cumin Seed Powder
- 1, cut into small pieces Tomato
- To taste Salt
- 0.5, Cup Cooking Oil
- 3, Large Onion
- 2, Egg
- Take one whole Cornish hen (or chicken), de-skin, wash and cut into 10 to 12 pieces. Hard boil 2 eggs and keep it aside.
- Grind all ingredients from garlic to cumin seed into a fine paste (called masala paste).
- Add the ground masala paste and salt to the chicken pieces and mix thoroughly.
- Chop onion finely. Heat oil and fry onion lightly. Add marinated chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Add the chopped tomato and eggs. Reduce heat and cook on slow fire with occasional stirring till oil starts separating and the chicken is tender.
- For Garnishing: Cut 1/2 onion into fine slices. Heat oil and deep fry the onion till golden brown.
- Sprinkle the fried onion. Serve hot with pulao, rice or paratha.
shanti (7/7/2004)….Excellent, my husband is non vegetarin and I am a vegetarian so i really don’t know how the chicken curry should so i use to try new new recipes and this one was really good. My husband said excellent and asked me which recipe is this.
jaideepdas (3/1/2004)….Great recipe. My family enjoyed it.
bijons (2/21/2004)….Very user friendly recipe
mamata (1/19/2004)….its wonderful.
souvik_k (11/17/2003)….absolutely wonderful. I always had a problem cooking indian food. But even I could follow the instructions and make a really great dish. Three cheers for the contributor.
daisyguha (6/23/2003)….this is really good. we all enjoyed it.
preemadixit (5/2/2003)….Excellent recipe… i only did not garnish with browned onions as i was lazy 🙂
diyasma (2/11/2003)….this was so good!! I really liked it. The only change I made to it was that since I wanted my kids to enjoy it as much as we did, I did not add any chillies to the original recipe, instead fried split green chillies with onions and used that as a topping. Talk about scrumptious!!!!