A delicious and tasty preparation which once tried will surely become your most favorite snack.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 25 minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 4, Large (Idaho/russet) Potato
- 10, stalks (chopped finely) Cilantro
- 4, chopped finely Green Chili
- 0.5, tsp or to taste Salt
- 2, Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1, Tbsp for kneading Cooking Oil
- As reqd Water
- 6, Tbsp for frying Ghee
- Wash potatoes and prick all over with a sharp knife and cook in a microwave oven. Remove skin and mash potatoes. Mix cilantro leaves and chopped green chilies, salt and 1 tsp lime juice. Make six portions and keep aside.
- Sift flour and add salt. Add cooking oil and knead to a soft dough adding water as required. Divide into six portions.
- Take each portion of the dough and press in the center and fill with the potato mixture. Cover the filling entirely, seal well and flatten a little. Roll into a round pancake ensuring not to press too hard.
- Melt ghee (you can use cooking oil or butter also) in a shallow flat round non-stick pan. Fry one at a time turning over a few times and spreading ghee on each side till golden brown and crisp on both sides.
babuji (1/14/2007)….Good recipe. Can you post one for mooli paratha?
therani (1/17/2003)….i made aloo parata before but this one i like it