Fried Potato With Poppy Seeds. A very very tasty side dish which is sure to make any meal a great success.
Servings: 3 | Time To Prepare: 30 Minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 3, Large( Idaho/Russet) Potato
- 0.5, Cup Poppy seeds
- 4, Green Chili
- 1, Large Onion
- 1, Tsp Red Chili Powder
- To taste Salt
- 1, Cup Water
- 0.5, tsp Turmeric powder
- 3, Tbsp Cooking Oil
- Wash potatoes and peel the skin. Cut into long slices of about 1 in x 1/4 in x 1/4 in wide. Mix turmeric powder and salt.
- Soak poppy seeds in warm water for about an hour. Grind in an electric grinder; poppy seeds, green chilies and salt with enough water to make a smooth paste. Will take about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Heat oil & add chopped onion and fry till soft. Add potato and red chili powder and fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the ground poppy seeds paste and fry for about five minutes.
- Add one cup of water bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer with covering the pan till water dries. Continue frying with stirring till starts sticking to pan.
- Remove and serve with basmati rice.
email@example.com (5/13/2004)….thanks a lot for the recipe.
gvega (10/23/2002)….I am confused… are the poppy seeds called for in this recipe the same as the tiny black seeds used in bakery, like on top of bagels and breads?
mimi (6/20/2002)….Very nice… simple and quick!