Everyone likes asparagus and this unusual combination of asparagus with shrimp and mushroom makes an unforgettable soup
Servings: 3 | Time To Prepare: 55 Minute | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 1, Lb Asparagus
- 1, Cup Shrimp
- 6, Mushroom
- 2, Branch Spring Onion (Scallions)
- 1, Green Chili
- 3, Tsp Corn Flour
- To taste Salt
- A pinch Ajinomoto
- 4, Cup Water
- 1, Tbsp Butter
- Peel asparagus stalks and cut into one inch piece.
- Wash and devein shrimps.
- Wash and slice mushrooms into thin slices. Chop spring onion and green chili finely.
- Bring to boil chopped asparagus with five cups water. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes till asparagus are cooked fully. Cool and strain the stock and keep aside. Crush about15 or 20 pieces of asparagus pieces and keep aside..
- Heat butter in a pan add mushrooms, spring onion and green chili and fry for about four minutes with stirring. Add shrimps and continue frying for another three minutes.
- Add corn flour and fry for two minutes. Add the asparagus stock gradually with stirring constantly Add mashed asparagus and simmer in slow heat for ten minutes…
- Remove from heat and serve hot sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
Gugu (4/27/2004)….one of the very good soups i’ve had