Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 20 Minute
The most popular snack for all time. You will find in Calcutta street corner this popular item is freshly fried and people relishing while on evening walk.
s | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 1, Cup Gram Flour (Besan)
- 0.5, Tsp Turmeric powder
- 0.5, Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 5, tsp Ajwain (Tymol Seeds)
- 1, Tsp or to taste Salt
- 1, Eggplant (Begun)
- 15, Leaves Spinach
- 1, Onion (Sliced)
- Take besan in a large bowl and add water gradually and mix till the batter is of a pouring consistency. Add salt, ajwain, red chili and turmeric powder and mix well. Beat the batter well with a spoon.
- Cut egg plant to thin slices. Cut onion into slices. Wash about 10 large spinach leaves.
- Heat half a cup of oil in a deep frying pan. Dip the egg plant slices, onion and spinach leaves in the batter and one by one deep fry these.
- Remove from pan keep on a paper towel to soak the oil. Serve hot with mint chutney or tomato sauce.
mitikasach (5/4/2002)….Make sure to mix the besan and water properly. The more you mix the better crispy and fluffy the pakoras turn out. I also used thinly sliced (round) potatoes to make the pakora.