Tasty Indian Wheat Bread goes very well with cholle/chana
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 2 hour | Submitted By: Shantanu Nag
- 2.5, cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2, cup Yogurt
- 1/2, tsp Baking Powder
- a pinch, Baking soda
- 2, tsp Sugar
- 1/2, cup, for frying Cooking Oil
- 1, tsp Salt
- In a bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well and pass it through a sieve.
- Add yogurt, sugar and water (as required) and mix gradually to make a soft dough by light kneading.
- Add two tbsp. oil into the dough and cover the dough with a wet cloth. Keep it aside for an hour (The longer the better)
- Roll them into small golf size balls. Cover and keep to ferment for ten minutes.
- Flatten the balls to a round shape of 1 inch diameter. Then roll into five inch diameter circle.
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry bhaturas on high flame till light on both sides.
- Serve hot with cholle.
mehkashi (10/16/2006)….i enjoyed both preparing and eating it.
twinkle83 (8/29/2006)….This recipe did very well with my family. Everybody liked it. It was very tasty. Thanks
lizseger (3/9/2006)….awesome recipe — can also use some whey if you have it instead of the water. (note to the person who said the old version of the recipe was ‘disappointing’ — when you make bread, you always add liquid or flour as needed. start small! the amounts listed are often maximums. this is standard in bread recipes.)
ADMIN (10/10/2004)….Thanks for the feedback and for pointing out the problem. We have fixed the recipe. Thanks
stuti25 (9/29/2004)….Caution …beware of this recipe….this recipe is not tried by the author …& i can bet on it …
i just tried it today …& the water is far too much …it doesn not even need half a cup of water …another let down frm angithi