An authentic mouth watering Bengali recipe. Cooked with fish and vegetables.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 30 Minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 2, lb Fish Head
- 0.5, Tsp Turmeric powder
- To taste Salt
- 2, Potato
- 1, Eggplant
- 4, Oz Pumpkin
- 1, Large (chopped) Onion
- 3, Pods Garlic
- 2, Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 4, Sliced Green Chili
- 0.5, Tsp Sugar
- Clean and wash the fish. Can use grass carp or buffalo. Apply turmeric powder and salt. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Cut potato, eggplant and pumpkin into long pieces. Grind onion, garlic and red chili to a paste.
- Heat oil. Fry fish head/fish and keep aside. In the same oil fry the paste from Step 2 and turmeric powder lightly. Add fish heads, vegetables and green chilies and fry for about 15 minutes.
- Add salt, sugar and enough water to cook vegetables and fish. Cover and simmer till most of the water evaporates and the gravy becomes thick.
- Serve hot with plain rice.
Note: these are the reviews posted by users on the old angithi.com website,
which has been now ported to this blog site.