An all time Chinese favorite.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 20 Minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 1, Lb Chicken
- 6, Green Chili
- 0.5, Inch piece Ginger
- 3, tbsp Soya Sauce
- 0.5, Tsp Ajinomoto
- To taste Salt
- 3, Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1, Red and 1 Green Bell Pepper
- Dice the chicken into small pieces. Marinate in Soya sauce for about 15 minutes.
- Chop whole green chilies into thick slices. Chop the ginger finely. Cut the red and green bell peppers into bite size pieces.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add the chicken pieces removing them from the marinade. Cover the pan and fry in medium heat, stirring occasionally till almost done. Remove the chicken.
- Fry the green chilies over low heat for a minute. Add the ginger and fry for a minute. Add the chicken pieces, bell peppers and one tablespoon of Soya sauce and a little water. Check for seasoning. Allow to simmer for a few minutes. Add ajinomoto (Chinese salt) before removing from heat.
- Serve hot with Chinese fried rice or plain steamed rice.
sambuca (1/17/2005)….Simply delicious and so easy. A definite keeper on our menu.
tipoo (11/8/2004)….really mediocre
bindiyasama (8/19/2004)….really good and simple.