Tasty preparation of spicy Egg curry with potato.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 30 min | Submitted By: Shantanu Nag
- 6, pc Egg
- 1, pc Potato
- 1, big Onion
- 2, pods Garlic
- 1, inch Ginger
- 1/2, tsp Turmeric powder
- 2, tsp Red Chili Powder
- 0.25, inch Cinnamon
- 4, pc Cloves
- 2, pc Cardamom
- 3, tbsp Cooking Oil
- Boil eggs and remove shells. With a sharp knife make three cuts at 120 degree apart on each of the eggs . The cut should not be more then 1/4 cm deep. Mix 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Cut potatoes into small cubes (1/2 inch by 1/2 inch). Mix 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Heat 1/4 cup cooking oil in a pan and deep fry the potatoes. Remove the potatoes when done and then fry the eggs in the same oil. When done keep it aside.
- In a separate frying pan (kadai) heat three tbsp oil. Fry finely sliced onions, grated garlic and grated ginger till golden brown.
- Add 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder, 2 tsp Red chili powder. Fry it low heat with adding little water frequently. Do not allow the spices to stick.
- When the oil starts separates out, add the fried potatoes and eggs. Then grind cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom and add it to the eggs.
- Add 1/2 cup water. Bring it to boil and let it then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with hot Rice, Nan or Paratha
madhuever (8/22/2003)….I tried this recipie yesterday it was great.My husband liked it much.Thanks