Spicy Elish Fish cooked with Basmati Rice. Yummy!!! Fast to cook. Can use rice cooker to make it.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 30 min | Submitted By: J.K. Nag
- 3, cups Basmati Rice
- 1.5, inch chopped Ginger
- 7, sliced Green Chili
- 6, pc Cardamom
- 1, in pc Cinnamon
- 8, pc Cloves
- to taste Salt
- 1/2, tsp Sugar
- 3, pc Bay Leaf
- 2, Tbsp Ghee
- 8, pc Hilsa Shad fish
- 1, tsp Turmeric powder
- 8, cups Water
- Marinate Hilsa pieces with salt and turmeric. Fry slightly using mustard oil.
- Wash and soak rice for fifteen minutes.
- Put rice in a strainer to remove water.
- Marinate rice with all the ingredients. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat ghee and put rice. Fry for a few minutes.
- Add water. Bring to boil till half done
- Put the lightly fried hilsa pieces.
- Lower heat and cook till done.
|1||Hilsa fish marinated and fried.|
|2||Marinated rice in rice cooker|
|3||Frying with ghee|
|4||Add water, and bring to boil|
|5||With fish pieces.|
|6||Cook till done.|
rrahman (6/5/2005)….Easy and highly effective recipe! Right on target!! Encore!!!
bghosh (7/15/2002)….Elish macch is available at some of the Bangladeshi market here in US. I got a hold of one fish and tried this recipe out. It was delicious.
Note: these are the reviews posted by users on the old angithi.com website,
which has been now ported to this blog site.