Egg curry in the traditional style with variations to make a very favorite dish.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 25 Minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 8, Egg
- 1, Large Onion
- 0.5, Inch piece Ginger
- 2, Pods Garlic
- 2, Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1, tsp Turmeric powder
- 2, Cardamom
- 0.5, Inch piece Cinnamon
- 6, Cloves
- 4, Green Chili
- To Taste Salt
- 1, Small Tomato
- 1, tsp Sugar
- 2, Bay Leaf
- 0.5, Tsp Cumin Seed Powder
- 0.5, Tsp (powder) Coriander Seeds
- 1, Tbsp Ghee
- 4, Tbsp Cooking Oil
- Boil the eggs. Remove shells and keep as whole. Cut fine slit at 120 degree apart with a knife on each egg. Add turmeric powder and salt and mix properly.
- Chop onion finely. Grate/grind ginger and garlic. Chop the tomato and green chili. Mix red chili powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder with 1/4 cup water.
- Heat two tbsp oil in a non-stick pan, add the whole eggs and fry till light brown. Ensure to turn the eggs frequently. Remove the eggs and keep aside.
- In the same pan heat one tbsp ghee and two tbsp oil. Add the whole cumin seeds and bay leaf. Fry till splutters.
- Add onions. Fry till golden brown. Add ginger and garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the red chili mixture and green chilies. Fry with stirring for three minutes. Add chopped tomato. Fry till oil start coming out.
- Grind the cardamom, cinnamon and cloves. Add to the pan. Fry for a minute.
- Add the fried eggs. Add two cups of warm water, salt and sugar and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about ten minutes till gravy thickens.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or parathas.
stuti25 (11/9/2004)….very tasty…only i could not get the red color