Hot and Spicy red gravy based chicken drumsticks.(home style prep)
Servings: 3 | Time To Prepare: 40 mins | Submitted By: J.K.Nag
- 5, pc Chicken Drumstick
- 2, Green Chili
- 2, medium Onion
- 1/2, tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1/2, tsp Ginger
- 1/2, tsp Garlic
- 1, tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 1/2, tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2, tsp Coriander Powder
- 1, tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 50, ml (2 tbsp for suate) Cooking Oil
- to taste Salt
- 1, tbsp (acording to taste) Lemon Juice
- 1, tbsp, for garnishing Cilantro
- Clean the chicken and make two slanting slits on them.
- Marinte with salt , turmeric, lemon juice, ginger and garlic paste. Marinate it for at least 25-30 mins.
- Meanwhile, slice the onions and slit the green chilles. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Put the marinated chicken in it, saute it on med high heat for 7-8 minutes. Remove, keep aside.
- In the same pan, add rest of the oil. Heat it. Add green chilles and onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add tomato puree and red chilli powder and corriander powder. Fry it well till the oil starts coming out.
- Add chicken drumsticks and fry a bit. Add water and salt and garam masala powder.
- Cook it covered for a while, then cook it uncovered till desired tenderness.
- Garnish with chop cilantro. Serve with hot chapati or rice.
sweetbit (6/19/2003)….its easy and yummy to eat ,no special spices ..