Chicken cooked with cashew nuts and coconut.
Servings: | Time To Prepare: 30 Minutes | Submitted By: J.K. Nag
- 2, Lb Chicken
- 6, Green Chili
- 6, Pods Garlic
- 1, Inch piece Ginger
- 1, Lemon
- 2, Medium Onion
- 0.5, Cup Cashew nut
- 0.25, cup Coconut
- 0.5, Cup Cilantro
- 2, Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2, Bay Leaf
- 2, Tsp or to taste Salt
- 0.5, Cup Yogurt
- 2, Tbsp Ghee
- Take Cornish hen and cut into eight pieces.
- Grind green chilies, ginger and garlic into a fine paste adding little water. Marinate the chicken pieces with this mixture and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Either take grated coconut or best is to cut strips from fresh coconut. Grind cashew nut, coconut, yogurt and coriander leaves to a fine paste.
- Chop onion finely. Heat ghee and oil for two minutes add chopped onion and fry till light brown, add the marinated chicken and cook for five minutes in reduced heat stirring occasionally. Add ground cashew nut mixture and red chili powder and cook on slow fire for about twenty minutes adding one cup water till done.
- Add ground cashew nut mixture and red chili powder and cook on slow fire for about twenty minutes adding one cup water if required till done.
- Serve hot with basmati rice or roti or paratha.