Chicken cooked in yogurt and green chilies. Less Spicy but very tasty.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 45 Minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
Marinade the chicken
- 1 Cornish Chicken – 500 gms, cut into 8 pcs
- 3/4 cup whipped yogurt
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 7-8 Green Chili – Slit in half
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil (or any oil)
- 2 Bay Leaves
Grind the following and strain the juice and add to the marinate above
- 1″ Ginger
- 5 pods of Garlic
- 3 tbsp Coriander seeds
Mix everything with the chicken and let it marinade for 30 min.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil
- Cut 1 onion finely sliced and fry till light brown
- Add 1 tsp Garam masala. Fry for a minute.
- Add the marinated chicken
- Cook in medium heat stirring occasionally (about 15/ 20 min) or till oil comes out.
- Add 2 cups of water and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste the gravy for salt and add if required.
- Serve hot with Basmati Rice