Chicken cooked in yogurt and green chilies. Less Spicy but very tasty.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 45 Minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 1 Cornish Chicken – 500 gms, cut into 8 pcs
- 1 Onion
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 4 Pods of Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Coriander seeds
- 3/4 cup Yogurt
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- Salt to taste
- 7-8 Green Chili – Slit in half
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil (or any oil)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 Inch Cinnamon
- 3 Clove
- Grind ginger/garlic/coriander seeds/cilantro with little water
- Add yogurt/turmeric powder/salt/sugar/bay leaves/green chili. Strain the ground spices to the chicken pieces. Mix well and keep the marinade for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil.
- Add cardamom/cloves/cinnamon to the heated oil.
- Add chopped onion and fry till light brown.
- Add the marinated chicken
- Cook in medium heat stirring occasionally till oil separates
- Add 2/3 cups of water and let it simmer for about 15/20 minutes
- Serve hot with Basmati Rice