A crunchy sweet and juicy pancakes dipped in syrup. Malpua is prepared by mixing ripe bananas and coconut with flour, and milk and delicately seasoned with cardamoms. It is deep fried in oil, and served hot.
Servings: 10 | Time To Prepare: 1 hr | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 1, lb Maida
- 2, oz (chopped) Raisins
- 2, oz (chopped) Cashew nut
- 1/2, liter Milk
- 8, oz Sugar
- 1/2, cup (grated) Coconut
- 1, cup Ghee
- 1, tsp Aniseed
- Prepare the Syrup :- Boil two cups water. Add sugar. The syrup should be a little thick.
- Mix raisins, cashew nut, coconut, aniseed and milk with maida and make a thick batter.
- Heat ghee. Take about two tablespoon of batter at a time and spread on the pan to make the pancake. Deep fry both sides to light brown color.
- Dip the pancake into syrup. Remove after about 4/5 minutes draining excess syrup. Can be served hot or after cooling.