One of the most favorite Rice preparation with prawn and vegetables.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 30 Minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 2, Cup (Basmati) Rice
- 1, Tsp (grated) Ginger
- 8, Oz (about 30 nos.) Prawn
- 1, Medium Carrot
- 8, French Bean
- 2, Green Chili
- 1, Small Onion
- To taste Salt
- A pinch Ajinomoto
- 4, Cups Water
- 4, Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1, Tsp Soya Sauce
- Wash prawns. Chop French beans. Peel and cut carrot into 1.5 inch long thin strips. Chop onion and green chili finely.
- Wash and soak rice in four cups of water for 15 minutes.
- Cook rice till almost done but not fully.
- Heat oil and fry onion, grated ginger and green chili lightly. Add carrot and beans and cook for three minutes.
- Add prawns and cook for two minutes, add cooked rice and salt.Mix well and cover pan and cook for a few minutes. Remove cover. Add Soya sauce and ajinomoto. Mix well. Fry for a few minutes with stirring. Serve hot.
mehkashi (10/16/2006)….wasn’t bad at all
twinkle83 (8/26/2006)….It was very tasty but my rice came out a little soggy
anvi_c (2/26/2005)….turned out really good.but i had to fry the prawns for a longer time(separately).
mads (12/18/2002)….it really tastes wonderful & easy to make and my daughter enjoyed a lot.
Note: these are the reviews posted by users on the old angithi.com website,
which has been now ported to this blog site.