A marvelous blend of exotic spices makes this preparation a rice lovers delight.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 30 Minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 2, Cups Rice
- 3.5, Cups Water
- 1, inch piece Ginger
- 1, Tsp or To taste Salt
- 4, Tbsp Sugar
- 2, Tbsp Raisins
- 2, Tbsp Cashew nut
- 1, tsp Black Cumin Seed
- 3, Silted Green Chili
- 8, Tbsp Ghee
- 6, Cardamom
- 8, Cloves
- 1, inch piece Cinnamon
- 10, Whole Peppercorns
- Wash the rice and soak in water for about 30 minutes. Then drain the rice and spread on a large dish.
- Grate the ginger and add to the rice. Grind cardamom, cloves and cinnamon and add to the rice. Add green chilies, pepper,sugar, salt, bay leaf, raisins, cashew nuts and 2 tablespoon ghee and mix well with the rice. Cover the rice and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- In a frying pan add the rest of the ghee, melt and fry the rice for about 5 minutes with constant stirring. Make sure that the rice does not stick to the pan.
- Add water and cook till rice is just done with occasional stirring. Try not to overcook.
- Serve hot with mutton, chicken or fish curry.
Note: these are the reviews posted by users on the old angithi.com website,
which has been now ported to this blog site.