One of the most popular of all sweets of Bengal – made only from milk
Servings: 25 | Time To Prepare: 25 minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 1, liter Milk
- 1/2, cup Sugar
- 5, Chopped Pesta
- 2, Seeds crushed Cardamom
- 1, Lemon
- Dissolve lemon juice (or 1/2 teaspoon citric acid) in half cup of warm water.
- Bring milk to boil, reduce heat and pour the acidic water all over it. Milk will curdle, stir till milk is fully curdled.
- Pour the curdled milk over a muslin cloth. Drain out water completely. Squeeze to remove any excess water and hang the whey for about 25 minutes.
- Empty the whey on a large plate and knead thoroughly for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan in medium heat and add the paneer and sugar. Stir continuously pressing with a heavy spoon for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Pour in a large plate, cool and mix till smooth. Take a small amount of paneer mixture and either with the help of hand or a mould make sandesh of desired shape.
- Sprinkle crushed pesta and cardamom over each sandesh, cool and serve.
Note: these are the reviews posted by users on the old angithi.com website,
which has been now ported to this blog site.