Most favorite Bengali Sweet made with Paneer (Chana) — Large Rosogollas Stuffed with Kheer.
Servings: 25 | Time To Prepare: 45 minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 1, liter Milk
- 1, Lemon
- 3, cup Sugar
- 5, cup Water
- 2, tsp Sooji/Rava
- 1/2, liter Milk
- 1, seeds only Cardamom
- 1/4, tsp Saffron
- 2, tsp Rose Water
- 1/2, sliced Lemon
- Prepare Chana (Whey) :- Boil milk, reduce heat, add lemon juice or 1/2 tsp citric dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water. When milk curdles fully, pour over a muslin cloth, drain water completely and tie the muslin cloth and hang for about 30 minutes.
- Prepare Kheer ;- Boil 1/2 liter milk in low heat , stir continuously till milk thickens and becomes kheer.
- Prepare Syrup :- Boil 5 cups of water, add sugar and lemon slices, continue boiling in medium heat till sugar melts. Strain and keep syrup warm.
- Knead the chana very thoroughly till becomes smooth. Add sooji and knead for about 10 minutes. Divide onto eight portion and make into round shape.
- Take each ball of kneaded chana and make a small hole in the center and stuff 1/4 tea spoon kheer, one seed of cardamom and small piece of saffron. Press with palm and close the hole and roll with both palms into smooth round shape.
- Put the balls into boiling syrup one by one. Cover the pan and boil for about 20 minutes. Remove cover and boil for another 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Place the Rajbhogs in a casserole and pour the syrup. Add rose water before serving.