A delicate flavored sweet appetizer.
Servings: | Time To Prepare: 15 Minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 1, Lb (Fresh) Strawberry
- 0.5, Cup Sugar
- 2, Tsp Vinegar
- 1.5, Tsp Red Chili Powder
- To Taste Salt
- Take fresh strawberries and wash.
- Put strawberries, sugar, salt red chili powder and vinegar in a mixer/blender and grind to fine paste.
- Take a non – stick saucepan and pour the mixture and gradually bring to a boil with occasional stirring till becomes bright cherry color and thickens.
- Cool and keep in an air tight container in the refrigerator and serve after meal or can take any time.
- Note:- Do not add any water.
Alicia (3/2/2004)….I did try out strawberry chutney on many things for example you can have it on Ice-cream as a topping or you can mix the the Ice-cream and freeze again. You can have it with snacks. Fruits or make juice.