A tasty combination soup. Good way to start any meal.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 60 Minutes | Submitted By: J.K. Nag
- 6, Drumsticks Thighs (2lb) Chicken
- 1.5, lb. Shrimp
- 1, Chopped Onion
- 2, Pods (chopped fine) Garlic
- 2, Small (chopped) Bell Pepper
- 1, Stalk (chopped) Celery
- 1, Medium bunch Parsley
- 3, Chopped Green Chili
- 4, Cups Chicken Stock
- 2, Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 0.25, Cup All Purpose Flour
- To taste Salt
- 0.5, Tsp Peppercorns
- 1, Large (Chopped) Tomato
- 3, Stalks Cilantro
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add the flour and cook over low to medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring constantly until flour is chestnut brown.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, bell pepper and celery. Continue cooking with regular stirring for another 8 – 10 minutes until the vegetables are lightly browned.
- Stir in the tomato, half of the chopped cilantro and parsley, chicken stock, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the shrimp and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, take out the drumsticks and allow to cool. Then shred the chicken discarding the bones.
- Add the shredded chicken, chopped cilantro and parsley and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice. Serve hot.