Spicy Potato curry.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 30 min | Submitted By: Shantanu Nag
- 6, medium, cut into 4 pc Potato
- 2, medium Onion
- 4, cloves Garlic
- 1, tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2, tsp Cumin Seed Powder
- 1.5, tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/4, tsp Turmeric powder
- to taste Salt
- 2, tbsp Ghee
- 4, tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1, cup Water
- 1/2, tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1, tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2, Bay Leaf
- 1/2, inch Ginger
- Mix pinch of turmeric powder and salt to the potato pieces and shallow fry in a pan and keep it aside.
- Finely Chop 1.5 onions and keep it aside. Make a paste of the half onion, garlic and ginger and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp Ghee and all of the cooking oil in a frying pan. Add bay leaf and fry for 30 sec.
- Then add the chopped onions, and fry it till golden brown. Add the ginger-garlic-onion paste and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add rest of the spices and the tomato puree less Garam masala powder. Fry in low heat till oil leaves the side of the pan.
- Add the fried potatoes and stir for another minute or so. Add water, sugar, salt, Garam masala powder, and ghee and bring it to boil.
- Cook it in low heat till the potatoes are properly cooked and the gravy is thick.
- Serve with paratha or luchi.
surjade (11/27/2005)….simply delicious.
daisee (10/30/2005)….I have tried other recipes Aloo dum recipes before. This one is the best 🙂
noori6 (6/14/2005)….Very tasty
sowmyakiran (5/5/2004)….Tastes great as is.
P.S:Try adding 1 tbsp of curd just before serving.
TanyaAuzam (4/25/2004)….Easy to make and tastes great
Shinu (3/2/2004)….Excellent dish……
varuna (4/21/2003)….yes this recipe is very delicious.
stuti25 (2/6/2003)….not good
crazylops (2/16/2002)….very spicy and very good…
nitin (11/13/2001)….You can add boiled and then fried eggs to it and call it alu/konir dum. –Alpana Sarangapani
rachna (1/24/2001)….It is good easy and fast to cook.
Note: these are the reviews posted by users on the old angithi.com website,
which has been now ported to this blog site.