Crunchy pancakes stuffed with spicy green peas, once you start on these its hard to stop eating.
Servings: 30 | Time To Prepare: 30 minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 0.5, lb Green Peas
- 1, cup All Purpose Flour
- 1, Cup Cooking Oil
- 1, inch piece Ginger
- 4, Green Chili
- 2, tsp Aniseed
- 0.25, tsp Asafetida
- 0.25, tsp or to taste Salt
- as reqd for deep frying Cooking Oil
- Sift flour (Maida) and add 1/4 tsp salt. Rub 2 table spoon of cooking oil and knead to a soft dough adding little water as required.
- Grind peas, ginger, green chilies, aniseeds to a fine paste.
- Heat one table spoon of oil and fry asafetida for about 20 seconds. Add the ground peas paste and salt. Fry well till the paste is cooked. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Divide dough into 8 balls. Press each ball in the center and fill in the peas mixture. Close the opening and flatten. Roll into round pancakes.
- Heat about 1 cup of cooking oil. Deep fry one at a time. Reduce heat and fry till golden brown. Drain and remove and serve hot.
bobby (7/15/2002)….It is the best. Tasty!!!! ADMIN (5/4/2002)….This is an excellent recipe. It is one of my favorite snacks. Note: these are the reviews posted by users on the old angithi.com website, which has been now ported to this blog site.