Tasty preparation of black eyed beans (lobhia) cooked with spices.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 45 min | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 2, cups Black Eyed Beans
- 3, Green Chili
- 1, Green Cardamom
- 2, Bay Leaf
- 1/2, tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2, tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2, tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2, tsp Cumin Seed Powder
- to taste Salt
- 1/2, tsp Sugar
- 2, inch ( grated) Ginger
- 4, crushed Garlic
- 2, chopped Onion
- 1, chopped Tomato
- 1, cup (chopped) Cilantro
- 1/2, tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 3, tbsp Cooking Oil
- Soak overnight the black eyed beans (lobhia) in sufficient water. Add six cups of water to all the ingredients from black eye beans to sugar in a large pan. Bring to boil and cook in medium heat till well cooked.
- Heat oil. Add garlic and fry for a minute. Add onion and ginger and fry till brown. Add tomato and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour boiled lobhia. Add garam masala and cook.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with rice or chapati.
Bilina (7/16/2003)….Great Recipe! However I used 5 cups of water since I used canned black eyed beans.
Note: these are the reviews posted by users on the old angithi.com website,
which has been now ported to this blog site.