Basmati rice cooked with green peas and spices. Try it with your favorite curry dish.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 20 Minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 2, Cups ( Basmati ) Rice
- 1, Tsp ( whole ) Black Cumin Seed
- To taste Salt
- 5, Tbsp Ghee
- 2, Silted Green Chili
- 4, Cups Water
- 1, Cup Green Peas
- 3, Whole Cardamom
- 10, Whole Peppercorns
- Heat the ghee (you can also use regular cooking oil). Add the black cumin seeds (Shah Zeera) and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add green chilies, cardamom and bay leaf and fry lightly.
- Add rice, green peas and whole black pepper and fry for about 2 minute.
- Add the water and bring to boil . Stir a few times. Remove from heat when rice is just done.
- Serve hot with the curry dish of your choice.
Note: these are the reviews posted by users on the old angithi.com website,
which has been now ported to this blog site.