Sweet condiments with pineapple make a delightful after meal favorite.
Servings: 6 | Time To Prepare: 15 minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 1, Large Pine Apple
- 0.5, Cup (grated) Coconut
- 1, Cup Sugar
- 0.5, Cup Raisins
- 0.5, Cup Dates
- 1, Tsp or to taste Salt
- 2, Inch piece Ginger
- 2, Whole Whole Red Chili
- 0.5, Tsp Panch Phoron
- 1, Lemon
- Cut pine apple to small pieces or you can use tinned pine apple.
- Grate coconut and ginger.
- Heat oil, add panch phoron and red chili and when splutters add pine apple pieces and cook for a minute.
- Add sugar, salt, raisins, dry dates, juice of one lemon, ginger, grated coconut. Add half cup water or the pineapple juice if using tinned pineapple. Cook till thickens. Stir occasionally.
5. Cool and serve after meal.
shrds (2/1/2005)….Go ahead and make it!!!!
Take my word, the result will be “AWESOME”…
majumdar_nayantara (11/11/2003)….am a bit confused when to add the coconut