Hot and spicy pickle having excellent aroma of spices and a must with Alu Paratha.
Servings: 25 | Time To Prepare: 2 Hour | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 4, Lb Whole Red Chili
- 3, Oz (100 gm) Mustard Seeds
- 3, Oz (100 gm) Cumin Seeds
- 3, Oz (100 gm) Red Chili Powder
- 3, Oz (100 gm) Kalo Jeera
- 3, Oz (100 gm) Methi
- 1 Oz (25 gm) Aniseed ( Saunf/Mouri)
- 3, Oz (100 gm) Ajwain
- 1, Tsp (Rock Salt – Kala Namak)
- 6 Oz (200 gm) Salt
- 1/2 tsp Asafetida
- 3, Oz (100 gm) Amchur Powder
- 1, Liter ( as reqd) Mustard Oil
- Select whole large red chili. Wash and dry with a paper towel.
- Take each red chili and core through top and extract the seeds. Keep the seeds and the chilies separately.
- Roast all the spices and grind (course)
- Mix all the ground spices with the chili seeds and 2 table spoons of mustard oil.
- Stuff each red chili with the spice mix from Step 4 one at a time.
- Put all the stuffed red chilies in a glass jar and pour enough mustard oil to cover all the chilies.
- Expose the jar to sunlight for 4 days and then store in a cool dry place. After about 7-10 days the chilies will become soft and ready to be served.
pavneet (8/13/2001)….The pickle has an excellent aroma which makes the mouth water.The oil leftover after finishing the pickle is makes any cooking tasty and nice,that is,if used for cooking.