A delicious and mouth watering snack made of eggplant – a favorite for all-time and anytime
Servings: | Time To Prepare: 20 min | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 1, cut into thin slices Eggplant
- 1, tsp Turmeric powder
- to taste Salt
- 1, cup Gram Flour
- as reqd for making the batter Water
- 1/2, tsp Onion Seeds
- 1/2, tsp
tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1, cup Cooking Oil
- 1/2, tsp Baking Powder
- Cutting the eggplant properly is very important. First cut the eggplant into 2 pc lengthwise from middle. Slice each eggplant pieces sidewise into about 1/8 inch thick half moon like slices.
- Prepare the batter: Mix besan in just enough water (add slowly as required) to make a batter of semi-thick consistency. Whip the mixture well to make a smooth batter.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, kalonji (onion seeds) and baking powder to the batter. Mix properly.
- Heat oil. Dip each eggplant pieces into the batter and deep fry. Serve hot as snack with tea or as a starter for dinner.
indu10 (5/8/2004)….iwill try this recipe soon
bukun (5/30/2003)….This is a very tasty snacks. Make sure to whip the batter in step 2 for sometime so that it is fluffy. This will make the Beguni’s very crispy and delicious.