Tasty Tea Cake / Easy to make at home. Nutmeg and Cinnamon give an excellent flavour
Servings: 6 | Time To Prepare: Prep: 20 min, Baking:40 mins | Submitted By: J.K. Nag
- 1, cup All Purpose Flour
- 1.5, cup Sugar
- 4, Egg
- 1, cup Cooking Oil
- 1, tsp Baking Powder
- 1, tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1, tsp, powder Cinnamon
- 1,tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4, cup Almond
- 1/2, cup Raisins
- Take one cup of flour in a large strainer. Add baking powder. Sift three or four times.
- Beat eggs till fluffy and light. Add sugar and oil. Mix till sugar dissolves. Add cinnamon and nutmeg powder and mix well.
- Moisten raisins and chopped almond in little water and add a little flour and mix so that these become sticky.
- Add flour in small quantity to the beaten mixture and mix thoroughly. Continue till all the flour is added and beaten thoroughly.
- Use a non-stick baking dish and lightly smear ghee or butter. Pour the batter. Spread raisins and almond evenly on top of the batter.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit and bake at this temperature for 30/35 minutes or till fully baked. To find out whether baking is complete insert a sharp knife and if the batter sticks when the knife is taken out then baking to be continued. Also aroma and color are good indication of the status of baking.