Sweat balls made from Bonde. A very tasty Ladoo – really difficult to resist eating a dozen at a time!
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 30 minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 1, lb (unsalted ) Bonde
- 1/2, lb Khoya
- 2, tbsp Raisins
- 2, tbsp (crushed) Cashew nut
- 1, tsp Nutmeg powder
- 4, cups Sugar
- 4, cups Water
- 1/2, tsp, orange and yellow Food Coloring
- First make the syrup. Heat together sugar and water. Bring to boil and simmer until you have a syrup of medium consistency.
- Add unsalted bondes to the hot thick syrup. (Optional: For coloring separate the syrup into 2 parts. Add seperate colors and add the bondes). Remove from heat.
- After Bondes have soaked in syrup well, remove with a slotted spoon and spread on a flat dish. Allow to cool.
- Knead the khoya to a smooth paste and add to the Bonde. Add raisins, crushed cashew nut and nutmeg powder. Mix well.
- Using your fingers, form into balls – the size of a table tennis ball or larger. Serve with mishti dahi after dinner / keep in refrigerator.
Note: these are the reviews posted by users on the old angithi.com website,
which has been now ported to this blog site.