Pumpkin flowers fried in a batter. A crunchy fried starter
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 20 minutes | Submitted By: Priyanka Nag
- 24, pc Pumpkin Flower
- 1, cup Maida/Rice flour
- 1, tsp Turmeric powder
- 1, tsp Kalonji (Kalo Jeera)
- 2, tbsp Poppy seeds (Poppy seeds)
- to taste Salt
- 1, tsp Sugar
- 1, cup Cooking Oil
- Clean each flower, remove the stem and stuff one flower into another so as to make twelve such.
- Knead maida with one tea spoon oil and salt. Add just sufficient water to make a thick batter or add water to rice flour and make a thick batter. Add Kalo Jeera (kalonji/onion seed), turmeric powder, poppy seeds, salt and sugar to the batter and mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil. Deep each flower into the batter and deep fry one by one.
Note: these are the reviews posted by users on the old angithi.com website,
which has been now ported to this blog site.