Most famous lentil preparation of West Bengal.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 30 min. | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 1/2, cup Red Lentil
- to taste Salt
- 1/2, tsp Turmeric powder
- 3, cup Water
- 4, Green Chili
- 2, Whole Red Chili
- 1/4, tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1/4, tsp Radhuni
- 1, tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1, tbsp of leaves Cilantro
- Boil the Red Lentil with salt, turmeric powder, water, and green chili for 15 min.
- Remove from heat and mix it properly with a hand blender.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add whole Red chili, Radhuni, and Fenugreek seeds. Fry for a minute. Add the boiled lentil and bring it to boil. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Serve hot with rice along with Aloo bhaja or begun bhaja.
amrita biswas (6/27/2002)….its my favourate preparation with aloo bhaja.
Note: these are the reviews posted by users on the old angithi.com website,
which has been now ported to this blog site.