Spicy chicken cooked with spinach – a delightful combination.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 30 minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 1.5, lb (Cornish hen) Chicken
- 10, oz (sliced) or 8 bunches of fresh spinach Spinach
- 1, large, finely chopped Onion
- 1, Tomato
- 6, pods Garlic
- 6, Green Chili
- 6, stalks Cilantro
- 1, tsp Mustard seeds
- 0.5, tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1.5, tsp or to taste Salt
- 4, tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1, inch piece Ginger
- De-skin and cut chicken into medium sized pieces. Wash and set aside. Wash the bunch spinach and chop finely.
- Grind ginger, garlic, cilantro, green chili, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds and salt to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion. Fry for a couple of minutes till light brown.
- Add the masala (spice) paste and fry well for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook till the oil starts separating from the spices.
- Add the spinach and chopped tomato, add a little water and cook on reduced heat till done.
- Serve hot with chapattis or rice.