Baked or Grilled pomfret stuffed with oriental spices. Yummy!! Pomfrets are sea fish found in Indian,Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
Servings: 2 | Time To Prepare: 1 hr | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 2, pc Pomfret Fish
- 2, tsp lemon Juice
- 2, medium Onion
- 8, Green Chili
- 6, tbsp (grated) Coconut
- 8, cloves of Garlic
- 1, inch piece Ginger
- 1, tsp Turmeric powder
- 2, tbsp (chopped finely) Cilantro
- 2, tsp Coriander Powder
- 2, tsp Cumin Seed Powder
- 3, Tomato (pureed)
- 8, Whole Red Chili
- to taste Salt
- Wash and clean whole pomfret. Make a slit on the right side of each pomfret. Cut two slits on each side of both the pomfrets.
- Boil water and the tomatoes. Remove after a minute. Cool. Remove skin and strain the tomatoes through a coarse strainer to make puree.
- Rub the pomfret with turmeric powder and salt.
- Grind together all the ingredients except tomato puree.
- Shallow fry the pomfret to golden brown.
- Stuff into the fish the ground masala paste. Tie with thread.
- Place the fish in ovenware dish. Cover both sides with tomato puree. Dot with butter.
- Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 30 minutes. Serve hot with mashed potatoes or French fries.
ekpal (3/4/2003)….it was delicious,since i entertain a lot,i served it to guests from all over the world and they simply loved it and took the recipe
Note: these are the reviews posted by users on the old angithi.com website,
which has been now ported to this blog site.