Cottage cheese with spinach and spices. All time vegetarians favorite.
Servings: 4 | Time To Prepare: 20 minutes | Submitted By: Chitra Nag
- 12, oz (cubed) Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 8, oz (leaves) Spinach
- 4, Garlic
- 1, inch piece Ginger
- 4, Green Chili
- 1,tsp Methi (Fenugreek Seeds)
- 1, large (chopped) Tomato
- 0.5, tsp Turmeric powder
- to taste Salt
- 0.5, cup Milk
- 2, tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2, tbsp Cream
- 1, large (chopped) Onion
- Wash spinach leaves. Cook in microwave oven for 3 or 4 minutes. Cool and grind to a smooth paste.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan and lightly fry the paneer pieces.
- Grind the garlic, ginger and green chili to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in the same pan and add methi and fry till splutters.Add onion and fry the chopped onion till tender Add the masala paste and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomato and cook till it becomes soft.
- Add spinach paste, salt and turmeric powder and cook for 4 minutes. Add milk and allow to simmer. Add the fried paneer pieces, cook for a few minutes and remove from heat.
- Add cream and serve hot with rice or parathas.
chhandoshi (9/9/2003)….the dish is royal and simply delicious . the great thing about it is it’s so easy to prepare